• Perform engineering, implementation, and operational activities on Red Hat systems. This will include documenting implementation and operational procedures as well as providing guidance and procedural direction.
• Administer the Linux environments including validating environmental health and providing day-to-day support is a key area of responsibility
• Manage performance using key operating system/server tools in partnership with the storage team
• Engineer new solutions in partnership with Storage and DBA/Application teams.
• Research, analyze and incorporate emerging technologies into the UNIX environment
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation with other team members
• Support server, virtualization platforms, SAN, and backup systems and other technologies as assigned
• Stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Follow established internal ITIL best practices
• Assist IT security and auditors in incident discovery and resolution
• Assist Server Architect with new technology testing, recommendation and integration
• Gather detailed server settings and configuration information for IT initiatives
• Write scripts to automate activities and configuration collection across the enterprise
• Interface with Oracle database team.
• Interface with storage team for server-to-SAN connectivity and storage provisioning
• Interface with network team for server-to-network connectivity
• Maintain technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Configure and manage Red Hat Satellite configuration management system.
• Establish and maintain standard automated server provisioning configurations
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
Technical Experience Requirements:
• At least 8 years of relevant IT experience
• Red Hat Systems: Extensive background administering Red Hat systems required.
• Linux Systems: At least 6 years troubleshooting and tuning Linux systems, including kernel tuning.
• Strong experience with VMware infrastructure and tools.
• In-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing and debugging problems.
• Ability to work with both highly technical and business oriented resources and to work in a matrixed, team-based environment.
• Demonstrable skills writing best-practice documentation and solution documents.
• 24x7 on-call/pager support experience & professional presence:
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent experience is preferred but not required.
• At least 2 years of experience administering Red Hat Satellite Server preferred
• Superior customer service orientation and skills.
• Ability to remain effective with limited direction.
• Ability and willingness to take part in an after-hours, on call rotation.
• Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to deadlines and details.
• Self-motivated and ability to multitask under aggressive schedules.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Cash and Trade Proc Sr Analyst, AVPCitiTampaApr 25
Area Banker - SAFE Act - Arlington Main BranchCitiArlington HeightsApr 25
Retail & Mortgage Complaint Analytics Lead AnalystCitiLong Island CityApr 25
Sr. Java Software Developer, PrincipalCACIFairfax, VA USApr 25
AV/VTC Specialist at Camp Lejeune, NCCACICamp Lejeune, NC USApr 25
More from Engineering Service Professionals
Entry Level Buyer-Purchasing SpecialistEngineering Service ProfessionalsGermantown, MD, United StatesApr 20
Quality Assurance EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsClifton, NJ, United StatesApr 20
Procurement EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsOrlando, FL, United StatesApr 20
Composite TechsEngineering Service ProfessionalsHawthorne, CA, United StatesApr 20
Logistics EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsMount Laurel, NJ, United StatesApr 18
Systems AdministratorEngineering Service ProfessionalsAlbany, NY, United StatesApr 17
Instructional System DesignerEngineering Service ProfessionalsTroy, MI, United StatesApr 17
Network AdministratorEngineering Service ProfessionalsNashua, NH, United StatesApr 17
Entry Level Systems Architecture Engineer: Exterior Vehicle BodyFord Motor CompanyDearborn, MI, USAApr 05
Security Penetration TesterFord Motor CompanyDearborn, MI, USAApr 05