1st Shift 5AM-330PM
• Trimming and finishing of composite and composite metallic assemblies.
• Assembly of structures including setup, bonding and fastener applications.
• Experience with various types of hand tools or hand-held power tools.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes.
• Use of solvents to prepare surfaces for sealing or assembly.
• Vacuum bag processing, bonding, and oven/autoclave curing.
• Make basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions using calipers, micrometers, precision scales and torque wrenches.
• Must be able to work per engineering drawings as well as both written and verbal instructions and work with engineers to develop composite hardware fabrication and assembly processes/tooling.
• Layout and measure patterns on epoxy and polyurethane foams, aluminum and wood.
• Cut and shape patterns using planes, shaves, files, sure foams, scrapers, routers, hotwires, mills and lathes.
• Apply sealers, releases, base coats and finish coats using various spray equipment.
• Perform product inspection and rework as required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of 2 years with layup, bonding or assembly of composites
• Experience with composite tooling materials (Prepreg, wet layup)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Reaming and honing and/or countersinking of uniform close tolerance holes in proper sequence while using the correct tool for the job (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner).
• Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives, and special finishes
• Must be willing to work significant overtime.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
• Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Cash and Trade Proc Sr Analyst, AVPCitiTampaApr 25
Area Banker - SAFE Act - Arlington Main BranchCitiArlington HeightsApr 25
Retail & Mortgage Complaint Analytics Lead AnalystCitiLong Island CityApr 25
Sr. Java Software Developer, PrincipalCACIFairfax, VA USApr 25
AV/VTC Specialist at Camp Lejeune, NCCACICamp Lejeune, NC USApr 25
More from Engineering Service Professionals
Entry Level Buyer-Purchasing SpecialistEngineering Service ProfessionalsGermantown, MD, United StatesApr 20
Quality Assurance EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsClifton, NJ, United StatesApr 20
Procurement EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsOrlando, FL, United StatesApr 20
Systems AdministratorEngineering Service ProfessionalsDulles, VA, United StatesApr 20
Logistics EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsMount Laurel, NJ, United StatesApr 18
Structural Analyst EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsMelbourne, FL, United StatesApr 17
CRM Solution Architecture & Adoption Lead / Solution Delivery LeadMetLifeClarks Summit, PA, US, 18411Apr 12
PMO Analyst - Act 2MetLifeCary, NC, United StatesMar 31
Senior Project Lead II - Act 2MetLifeCary, NC, United StatesMar 31
Service TechFairfield CareersCharlotte, North CarolinaMar 31