Posted Mar 19
Assistant Vice President, Business Analyst
New York Full Time
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
A business analyst with system implementation and /or process re-engineering experiences in the areas of financial control and /or balance sheet reporting to perform business analysis activities in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables.
Business description (group overview):
The group delivers automation and process re-engineering projects. These projects allow the firm to report P&L and balance sheet consistently across the globe, mitigate and better manage the risks, improve financial controls, automate regulatory and management reporting, and perform transactional processing and ledger posting. In addition, these projects impact significant firm business and architecture initiatives such as security referential and pricing referential realignment, and revamp of the settlement and clearing platforms.
A n a nalyst with experience in product control and /or balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess system implementation and /or process re-engineering experiences. The analyst will be responsible for one or a mix of the following: business analysis, cost and benefit analysis, testing, and project management in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables. Activities may include communication and planning, process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification, planning, coordination and execution.
Key Responsibilities/ Day to Day Activities:
- Work with users to identify requirements and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
- Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
- Perform data analysis on securities and transactions to identify the root cause and the resolution of the issues.
- Coordinate with business and technology partners to get feedback and sign off's.
- Complete or facilitate functional requirements process with technology partners.
- Write or contribute to test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results.
- Reconcile trades and positions from different sources.
- Develop or contribute to cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines.
Experience (years, type, nature of work, specialized knowledge and technical skills):
- 4 - 10 years experience in business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation, project management preferred .
- Some knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives Instruments; and some knowledge in accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, accretion.
- Financial control and/or product control experience is a plus.
- Be able to manage project milestones and risks.
- Understand general ledger posting.
- Experience in business process reengineering and software development life cycle is a plus
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications is a plus .
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills
Qualifications (educational background, licenses, professional knowledge) & Skills (soft skills):
- Good communications including the ability to compile and contribute to management level presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Understand the trade offs and the limitations of technology.
- Agent of change.
- Be able to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
Additional Application InstructionsWhen asked the "source" on the Citi's application site select "other" then type either "Hire Heroes USA" or "HHUSA" in the text box", this will allow Citi to ensure full consideration is given to all referrals
Sign up for Job Alerts
17-SOL-0215 Director, OPS EHSSolAero Technologies Corp.Albuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 27
"Full Stack" DeveloperEngineering Service ProfessionalsLorton, VA, United StatesMar 27
Embedded EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsKing of Prussia, PA, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsDenton, TX, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 27
More from Citi
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Bilingual (Mandarin/Spanish/English) - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Personal Banker - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Senior Vice President, Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Senior Lead AnalystCitiLong Island CityMar 27
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Culver City BranchCitiCulver CityMar 27
Branch Manager - Anaheim Downtown BranchCitiAnaheimMar 27
Security Event AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22
Cyber Threat Intelligence AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22
Cyber Security AnalystEngineering Service ProfessionalsFallon, NV, United StatesMar 24
Development CoordinatorHire Heroes USARaleigh, NC; Alpharetta, GA; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Auburn, WAMar 13
Unisys Project ManagerUnisysAustin, TXMar 22