Posted Mar 19
VP - Cloud Analytics & Tools Infrastructure Technical Specialist, Irving - TX
Irving Full Time
Citigroup Technology Infrastructure (CTI), is an organization comprising of Business Operations, Core Infrastructure Services, Product Management, Infrastructure Service Delivery, Infrastructure Planning, Customer Operations, Production Operations, and Risk Management.
CTI's products and services enable our Citi workforce along with the majority of the financial solutions that our Citi customers rely on. We provide a critical technical foundation for the firm's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. Core Infrastructure Services (CIS) is responsible for solutioning, deployment and operating (L2/L3) all core infrastructure platforms. Reporting to the Cloud Analytics Team, which is a part of Distributed and Cloud Operations team under CIS, the position is for a Technical Specialist.
The Cloud Analytics Team is a global team that provides L3 operational subject matter expertise for self-service Cloud enabled logging and monitoring services. Its role is that of an internal cloud service provider to all business sector operations teams (tenants) with Citi, including GCG, ICG, and CTO. The team oversee's shared infrastructure and software utilized for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS aligned internal services such as Splunk and AppDynamics. This role is focused on internal data science efforts currently in flight to oversee Cloud Health, but will also grow to include many other emerging technologies incubated by the Cloud organization.
The role has the following principle accountabilities:
• Provide subject matter expertise to cloud logging/monitoring analytics tools.
• Design, support and maintain cloud logging/monitoring tools to maintain a highly automated environment through a DevOps culture
• Standardize Analytics agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms
• Extract data from huge datasets to spot trends and anomalies, visualize complex results to highlight areas of interest and remove noise/clutter
• Analyze historical contributing factors to identify automation opportunities within cloud.
• Collaborate with cloud teams to consistently track scorecards for Cloud adoption (consumption), performance, and availability factors for operational clarity.
• Troubleshoot Analytics server and agent problems and issues;
• Maintain environment to current vendor recommended version levels.
• Design core Systems performance and troubleshooting dashboards for Cloud Operations use.
• Assist internal users in designing and maintaining their own production-quality dashboards; mentor and train users and administrators for self-service
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong knowledge of architecting and building big data analytics systems, including dashboards and visualizations.
• Broad industry knowledge of application monitoring and event management, including tools and terminology
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows platform operations
• Experience of using modern technologies to perform data acquisition from disparate data sets
• AppDynamics, Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana), Sensu, Ganglia, Graphite
• SOA, Web Services, Webservers, Messaging, Sockets, APIM
• Oracle, Mongo DB, Hadoop, SQL Server
• Certified Splunk Knowledge Manager or Certified Splunk Administrator is a plus
• Certified ITIL v3
• Agile processes & Project Management skills
• Cloud Computing : Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Openstack, Docker
• Continuous Delivery (Continuous Integration Builds, Continuous Testing and deployment)
• Chef Recipes & Analytics
• Issue Tracking : Jira
• Knowledge of Windows Security- Authentication & Authorization - Active Directory; LDAP
• Virtual Machine Fabric: VMWare ESX, Hyper-V
• Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs
• Excellent communication skills (including listening)
• First rate analytical skills
• A team player
• An enthusiastic 'can do' approach
• A positive and pro-active attitude
• A history of delivering against agreed objectives
• Willingness to learn
• Prior experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
• Flexibility for travel as required to meet with tenants or vendors
• Flexibility for on-call after-hours or weekend work as necessary to support operations uptime availability
Additional Application InstructionsWhen asked the "source" on the Citi's application site select "other" then type either "Hire Heroes USA" or "HHUSA" in the text box", this will allow Citi to ensure full consideration is given to all referrals
Sign up for Job Alerts
17-SOL-0215 Director, OPS EHSSolAero Technologies Corp.Albuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 27
"Full Stack" DeveloperEngineering Service ProfessionalsLorton, VA, United StatesMar 27
Embedded EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsKing of Prussia, PA, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsDenton, TX, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 27
More from Citi
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Bilingual (Mandarin/Spanish/English) - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Personal Banker - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Senior Vice President, Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Senior Lead AnalystCitiLong Island CityMar 27
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Culver City BranchCitiCulver CityMar 27
Branch Manager - Anaheim Downtown BranchCitiAnaheimMar 27
Level I Technical SupportUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 21
Level 1 Help Desk Agent - Must have SECRET security clearance and an A+, SEC + OR Network + certification”UnisysSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesMar 14
Cyber Threat Intelligence AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22
Network EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsFallon, NV, United StatesMar 24
ITSM ServiceNow Consulting LeadUnisysVirtual/Home BasedMar 21