Posted Mar 19
Senior Vice President, Recovery and Resolution Planning Sr. Lead Analyst
New York Full Time
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This position is a part of Citi's Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning (ORRP) within the Financial Regulatory Reform area of Citi Finance. The Financial Regulatory Reform team supports a range of high-profile regulatory initiatives central to the safety and soundness of the firm. These regulatory programs predominantly include Resolution and Recovery Planning as well as any other strategic regulatory initiatives.
Citi's Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning is responsible for the development and maintenance of recovery and resolution plans for submission to regulators, while at the same time, focusing on industry and Citi-wide strategic issues. A significant component of this work is to evaluate and develop strategies to:
- Address impediments to an orderly resolution.
- Enhance Citi's recovery and resolution planning capabilities.
- Maximize business opportunities while minimize capital and structural inefficiencies.
The role will require strong project and program leadership experience as well as strong communication and writing skills. Exposure to sr. management, regulators and distilling complex ideas through the development of simple presentations is critical. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of many key facets of Citi: its legal structure; product offerings; business franchises; functional teams; balance sheet and liquidity management protocols; countries of operations; and the interaction of these various facets.
While this is a Finance position, the ORRP group has significant engagement with operations and technology; financial and risk reporting, businesses (Institutional Clients Group and Global Consumer Bank), jurisdictional legal regimes and bankruptcy laws; financial market utilities; and the regulatory considerations of local jurisdictions in which Citi operates. The candidate will support these efforts by leveraging his/her analytical skills to better articulate and present the various financial assumptions and outputs supporting Citi's regulatory strategies and capabilities.
Strong communication and writing skills, such as distilling complex ideas into simple presentations are critical.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead strategic projects and support a wide range of analytical presentations that help decide and support Citi's regulatory strategies.
- Manage projects involving a wide range of functional partners, against tight project timelines and deliverable schedules.
- Design governance associated with Citi's recovery and resolution planning activities.
- Draft regulatory and executive communications and messaging.
- 7-10 years relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Significant intellectual curiosity and desire to learn how Citi's conducts its activities, often at the most granular level.
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills, with diligence and superior attention to detail sufficient to withstand scrutiny of senior executives
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and matrixed environment while multitasking and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in self-development.
- Direct experience working for Federal Reserve, FDIC or OCC or experience interacting supporting bank communication or exam processes with these agencies is preferred
- Prior background in one or more areas of Collateral Management, Payment, Clearing & Settlements (PCS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Quality is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or accounting.
- JD or MBA a plus.
Additional Application InstructionsWhen asked the "source" on the Citi's application site select "other" then type either "Hire Heroes USA" or "HHUSA" in the text box", this will allow Citi to ensure full consideration is given to all referrals
Sign up for Job Alerts
17-SOL-0215 Director, OPS EHSSolAero Technologies Corp.Albuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 27
"Full Stack" DeveloperEngineering Service ProfessionalsLorton, VA, United StatesMar 27
Embedded EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsKing of Prussia, PA, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsDenton, TX, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 27
More from Citi
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Bilingual (Mandarin/Spanish/English) - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Personal Banker - Hastings Ranch Branch - Pasadena, CACitiPasadenaMar 27
Senior Vice President, Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Senior Lead AnalystCitiLong Island CityMar 27
Part-Time Teller (20 Hours) - Culver City BranchCitiCulver CityMar 27
Branch Manager - Anaheim Downtown BranchCitiAnaheimMar 27
ITSM ServiceNow Consulting LeadUnisysVirtual/Home BasedMar 21
Security Event AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22
Cyber Threat Intelligence AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22
Cyber Security AnalystEngineering Service ProfessionalsFallon, NV, United StatesMar 24
Level 1 Help Desk Agent - Must have SECRET security clearance and an A+, SEC + OR Network + certification”UnisysSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesMar 14