Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator helps cultivate and expand partner relationships and individual donors to increase revenue in support of Hire Heroes USA’s programs and services. The Development Coordinator possesses comprehensive program knowledge, strategic perspective, and sharp communication skills that result in a proactive approach to assimilating new foundations, major gift donors and individual donors into the Hire Heroes USA program, with particular emphasis placed on fundraising and development. Additionally, the Development Coordinator assists with the planning and execution of special events, donor management, donor marketing and communications.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate and foundation donor prospects
- Engage with companies to support fund raising activities
- Entry and quality assurance maintenance of data in a content-management system (Salesforce)
- Assist with marketing and communications to support organizational events
- Assist with donor management to maximize effectiveness of donor strategy
- Engage with individual donors to support fund raising activities
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events and fundraising campaigns
- Perform other tasks as directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least two years’ experience working in an office environment. Relevant development/fundraising experience in a charity, not-for-profit, military, multi-cultural and/or global organization preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as member of a team, while productively engaging with varying levels of seniority within and outside Hire Heroes USA
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Passion for Hire Heroes USA’s mission
**Interested candidates must be in commuting distance from one of our seven offices (Raleigh, NC; Alpharetta, GA; Dallas, TX; Colorado Springs, CO; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Auburn, WA)
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: Erin Johnson, Development Director @ email@example.com. This posting will close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
About this company:
Hire Heroes USA empowers US military members, veterans and spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Hire Heroes' services are provided at no cost to the veteran.
Be the Nation’s preferred veteran employment service organization through a relentless focus on personalized career coaching that improves clients’ quality of life and strengthens the US economy.
Integrity, Passion, Effectiveness and Collaboration
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Hire Heroes USA has built a national reputation of excellence for its success at helping unemployed veterans find jobs – currently at the rate of fifty veterans confirmed hired every week.
Our team is comprised of military veterans – many with combat experience in Iraq and Afghanistan– and business veterans. That mix of military and civilian experience has proven essential to effectively training veterans in the skills of self-marketing and then networking them into good jobs with great companies.
The hallmark of the program is a personal approach where each veteran receives dedicated assistance from a highly-trained staff member in order to help them overcome barriers to employment.
Hire Heroes USA is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, domestic violence victim status, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other protected factor. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, training, leaves of absence and termination. Sexual harassment or harassment based on other protected group status, as defined by law is also prohibited.
Additional Application InstructionsInterested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: Erin Johnson, Development Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
Sign up for Job Alerts
17-SOL-0215 Director, OPS EHSSolAero Technologies Corp.Albuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 27
"Full Stack" DeveloperEngineering Service ProfessionalsLorton, VA, United StatesMar 27
Embedded EngineerEngineering Service ProfessionalsKing of Prussia, PA, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsDenton, TX, United StatesMar 27
Diesel TechnicianAmerit Fleet SolutionsSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 27
ITSM ServiceNow Consulting LeadUnisysVirtual/Home BasedMar 21
Unisys Project ManagerUnisysAustin, TXMar 22
Reception AssociateMenlo Park, CA, United StatesMar 14
Help Desk Agent-Secret Clearance RequiredUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 14
Security Event AnalystUnisysAugusta, GA, United StatesMar 22